[personal profile] trish
I am so absurdly busy, between work and grad school and applying to PhD programs and secret projects and picking up new romantic entanglements. A lot of people look at me like I have three heads and are all "Trish, why on earth are you picking up new romantic entanglements when you have all of this stuff to do? Are you crazy?" For a while I was also looking at myself this way and saying the same thing, but trusting my instincts and rolling with it anyway. This morning I figured it out: Those "entanglements" are actually keeping me healthy and sane as I work on all of this stuff. I have a number of wonderful people in my life, not all of them romantic friends at all, who provide me with support and encouragement and comfort and cookies; but lately I've been unraveling faster than normal (no really like oh my god) and I'm lucky enough to have found a supportive cluster of people who enjoy the work of re-raveling and will call me a good kitty while they do it. I mean obviously I'm providing things for them in return, too, or they would be my shrinks and not my $NOUNs [1], but it's a situation where I'm getting more energy out of the relationship than I'm putting in and I'm pretty sure that they are too. It's not a zero sum game. Time is finite, of course, but love doesn't have deadlines the way grad programs do.

Speaking of which... this will be a truncated post because oh my god work work work work work work work work work! But yes I'm alive and yes, cute people are cute. <3 I am so fucking lucky, seriously.

[1] partners? lovers? friends? *shrug*

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-02 09:37 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] postrodent.livejournal.com
Yeah well, you aren't the only one who's lucky, kitty. :>

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-04 03:11 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] trishkitten.livejournal.com
You aren't the only one who can turn into a car!

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-07 02:38 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] postrodent.livejournal.com
I missed this comment somehow. Anyway, what I actually turn into is the Hubble Telescope. As above so below. :>

(no subject)

Date: 2009-12-04 02:16 am (UTC)
From: (Anonymous)
. Time is finite, of course, but love doesn't have deadlines the way grad programs do.

True, that. And I quite like and agree with your analysis. Prrr.

<3

--R

Profile

Trish Kitten

July 2011

S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
2425262728 2930
31      

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags