A friend is heavily involved in a furry MUCK (basically, a server where people connect for text-based sex role-playing) out there that I had never heard of. It has an... interesting wixxx list. (For those who don't know what that means, it's a list of things that you can put in your public profile so that people will know whether to bother hitting on you or not. Most people take ten or twenty flags; every once in a while someone has like fifty and you are like whoah.) The other day I filled out the list with what I thought of each thing, assuming realspace and not MUCKspace, and the results are entertaining and interesting. E let me share... keep in mind that this is written in my "writing things for E's benefit" voice, and not in my "sex blogging" voice, so it won't be as erudite/examined/considered/considerate as most of what I write here.
123: 1234567890123 : Huhwhat? I do like "Count Five or Six" by Cornelius...
abd: abduction : Yes please. E keeps talking about doing this for me.
age: ageplay : Myeh? Would try if someone were really into it. I mean, feigned-innocence play? Absolutely.
ana: anal : Doesn't everybody? Wasn't there even an article in some obnoxious men's magazine about how anal is the new oral or something? I'm kind of amused to see "anal" on a list that also includes "oviposition."
and: androgyny : Yes please!
ano: anonymity : In certain situations on alternate Thursdays, maybe.
ant: antennae : Wouldn't kick anybody out of bed for them, but...
any: anything-goes : I always marked this one back when I did the MUCK thing, just to see what people tried. But the rest of what I listed was very tame, so no one did.
aqu: aquatic : Do hot tubs count?
asd: (dis)assembly : No disassemble number five! Number five --- alive!
ase: asexual : Nope.
aut: automatism : Other than the song Coin-Operated Boy? (Which I was in the audience for for its public debut, I'll have you know. </scenestering> )
bar: barcodes : I can imagine a narrative including barcodes that would be very hot but the barcodes themselves don't really do it for me.
bcv: body-coverage : Like saran-wrap? Sure, that's fun.
bit: biting : Yes Please!
bmd: body-mods : You can't take it with you, so fill it with ink and metal! Though looking at the rest of this list, this might mean something more like "You can't take it with you, so fill it with nanovelociraptors."
bon: bondage : Umm, yes. Very much so.
bre: breathplay : *whistles innocently*
bts: boots : I mean not specifically but I don't mind some licks if asked nicely. For a broad definition of nicely.
buk: bukkake : I mean being objectified in that way sounds nice but I'd have to be surrounded by boys. Ew.
but: buttons&dials : "Here, let me turn the hot knob to 11." "Umm, it doesn't work that way." "I TURNED THE KNOB TO 11, YOU'RE HORNY NOW." (This is why I stopped role-playing online.)
cas: casual-player : Why you gotta be a player-hater?
cha: chastity : For about two hours. Though no one has pushed me that hard.
col: collars : Yes I said Yes I will Yes
con: contagion : "Master using it and you can have this": You got the STD! ... No, thanks.
cor: corsets : Purr purr purr purr purr purr purr!
crd: crossdressing : Crossdressed boys are cute even if they can't quite pull it off. Crossdressed women who pull it off are HOT.
crp: creepycute : Abslutely. That's a typo but I am leaving it there.
csm: cosmetics : Who doesn't love black eyeliner? (And small amounts of perfume and lip gloss in one's nether regions?)
cst: costumes : Meow? I've almost convinced myself to buy that one I've been looking at...
cud: cuddly : *nuzzle* More so than recently, less so than Way Back When
cum: cum-loving : It's tasty? Except the one person who tastes like bitter melon, but the cum isn't really the point for me? I love people, not fluids.
cut: cute : =^.-=
cyb: cyborg : I can imagine this being neat but not really my thing from my limited experience.
deh: dehumanizatio : Yes and no; too complicated to explain here. (In brief, abnegation.)
dol: doll-play : I can imagine what this would be and I guess being immobile and dressed up would be entertaining. Having my hair cut off by a six-year-old wielding safety scissors is right out.
dom: dominant : I like it when other people do that, yes. I've done it occasionally. It was sort of fun.
dro: drone-play : Like... bagpipes?
dye: dyes : Mmmmm, dyes. Someday green hair again.
ele: electricity : E is really opposed to this, and there's been no one else I trusted enough. Would try in alternate universe.
eti: etiquette : There is a fetish I had not considered. That is a good one. But probably only for someone else.
exh: exhibitionist : Why yes, that would be me. See also non-locked sex blog.
ext: extradimensio : I hear someone at a poetry reading once opine that he couldn't stick his cock into another dimension. Later I caught him buying furry porn at Arisia. This tag is obviously for him.
f: female-biased : Are you calling me sexist?
fas: fashion : We just want to emote 'til we're dead! ...back when I had a MUCK character, she was a seamstress.
fo: females-only : Not on most days. But sometimes.
foo: foodplay : Words cannot express how sad I am that nutella is not vegan.
for: furnituretf : Whattf?
fur: fur-loving : Yes. (Fabric stores sell sex toys by the yard.)
gad: gadgetry : Yeah, a little bit.
gag: gags : Mmmmf? mmmmf mff mfffff! Mmmmmmmm!
gen: genital-play : At the risk of sounding normal, that is sort of the point, isn't it?
gli: glitter : I mean I don't get off on it but I do like glitter.
gll: glossolalia : I had to look that up, and likely no opinion. It would be cool in the abstract but I'd just be like "Wait what? What? Are you having a seizure? Crap..."
glo: glow-biased : A flogger that looked like a snaking neon tube would be super hot.
glv: ves : I'm going to guess this was supposed to say "gloves" and I do so love my restrictive paws.
gnb: genderbending : Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
gns: gendershiftin : Oh I guess on a MUCK you can switch arbitrarily. Having dated someone on the FTM spectrum, it's not all fun and games, but it was still really interesting...
grv: gravity-play : I mean if I had the opportunity I would have to try it.
hal: hallucination : Probably not.
har: harnesses : Like... strapon harnesses? I like those. Sled dog harnesses are hot on other people.
haz: hazmat : While using mercury in sex would be awesome esthetically, um no.
hic: high-continui : I do like my life to have high continuity, yes.
him: hive-mind : If it could somehow be not campy. "YESSS TOGETHER WE SSSACRIFICE THE VIRGIN FOR OUR QUEEN" "Your costumes are made of, like, paper bags" "THE QUEEN HASSSSS A LIMITED BUDGET"
hol: holographic : I think I'm insufficiently future-oriented for some of these questions.
hos: hoses&tubes : You know, I would say no, but I've seen some photos...
hpr: hypertrophy : Not so much.
hrm: herm-biased : If I actually knew someone with both sets of genitalia I would be intensely curious and feel intensely bad about being curious about them based on embodiment and not on personality.
hum: humiliation : No. (Note: I am SO lying. Oh my God. But the extent to which I like it is something I am still working on being comfortable with.)
hyp: hypnosis : Outlook hazy, try again.
ide: identity-play : Everything is performative.
ind: industrial : Like goth-industrial or like Ford Motors? Yes to the first, not so much to the second, although I would so do it in an abandoned factory.
inf: inflation : Not so much no.
ins: insectoids : Probably not so much.
iny: insanity : Channeling a friend: "DON'T STICK IT IN THE CRAZY"
ipg: impregnophile : For a variety of medical reasons, there is no way this would work. But I've occasionally been known to say things like "I want to have your kittens," and I had an uncomfortably hot roleplay of this sort with someone online like six years ago.
ipl: implants : Neutral.
ipr: imprisonment : Yes please!
lab: lab-scenes : Wow that would be right on the edge between super hot and super twitchy. I do really want to do a "veterinary visit" someday...
lac: lactation : I can't decide if it's vegan or not.
lam: lamination : Huh. Maybe?
lat: latex : E is allergic, and it's never terribly appealed to me anyway.
lcs: loose-causal : At first I was like "Is that like business casual?" I think I kind of like cause and effect, though I don't always need to understand them at the time.
lea: leashes : Yes yes yes yes yes.
lin: linguaphile : There's a little bit of A Fish Called Wanda in all of us, OK? Don't judge.
loc: low-continuit : No.
ltr: leather : It's not vegan but it's SO HOT. Grr. I end up using some of it anyway. And it doesn't fall apart. Stupid vegan shoes.
m: male-biased : Nope.
mac: macrophile : Nope.
mad: madscience : That's just so broad. Some of it, I'm sure.
mai: maids : A while ago a friend and I almost started a catgirl maid company. I would still do that. Let's leave it at that.
mas: masochist : That would be me, yes, though my pain threshholds are set weirdly at the moment.
mat: mathsex : Always spanking a prime number of times? "You performed induction on an uncountable set! *thwack*"
mec: mechanical : "Babbage's Difference Dildo?" Though E points out that when we are walking around and she says "Did you see the hot chick?" I say "Do you mean the Bianchi Pista with the leopardprint seat, or the Nishiki conversion on the corner? Because I'd let either between my legs." And I might be working on a vibrating bike seat. So OK yes.
med: medical-play : See previous statement about trip to "Vet."
met: meta : Yes. I am if nothing else meta.
mic: microphile : What is it with furries and size? Though in fairness if someone who were vastly different in size from me were like "Hey let's do some sexing" I would be at least a tiny bit curious.
min: minions : A minion is very useful in the office...
mlt: multilimbs : Would certainly open up new opportunities.
mnp: mind-play : Outlook hazy, Badness 10000 Overfull hbox
mo: males-only : Nope.
mod: modernist : Does getting off to the Circe chapter of Ulysses count?
mpr: mult-persona : I kind of like having just one, actually.
msk: masks : Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!
mut: mutant : Well that would depend on the mutation now wouldn't it.
myt: mythical : I don't think I can date a dragon and say no to this.
nan: nanites : Nanites??? Jeez some people's sex is more interesting than mine.
neo: neoprimitive : I bet that involves the outdoors. I have mixed feelings about the outdoors, being domesticated.
neu: neuter-biased : I like genitals. I can put them in my mouth.
nnc: non-consensua : Umm err argh. Complicated!
no: no-elves : Seriously, fucking elves. Who do they think they are? ... ... The hell is with this one? Does this have something to do with the Otherkin Elf Holocaust?
nov: no-vanilla : Very Vanilla is my favorite kind of soymilk!
obj: objectificati : This one actually provoked a physical reaction. *blush*
ora: oral : I do like having things in my mouth. I also like chewing, though.
org: organic : Both in the "made of flesh" and "no pesticides" senses, yes!
ovi: oviposition : I can honestly say I have never considered that.
par: parasites : I once had a skin fungus that glowed under blacklight. I got rid of it, but at the time I secretly thought it was kind of cool. But I didn't want to have sex with it...
pet: petplay : Meow Meow merow? =^.^=
pie: piercing : Someday E and I will reach a point in our relationship where she can playpierce me. That will be a good day. Until then, I get one or two a year.
pla: plastic : Dildos? Sure. Partners? No thanks.
pln: plant-biased : NO PLANTS IN MY SEX THIS IS A HARD AND FAST RULE NEVER PLANTS.
plu: plushies : They are soft and cuddly, but they don't, you know, talk.
pny: ponyplay : I'd try that.
ppr: public-proper : When the occasion calls for it, yes. OH WAIT that's not being proper in public, that's got to be public-property. In which case... When the occasion calls for it, yes. (Except I don't think E would be down with that, and that's OK. But, you know, in theory.) Wearing the theremin-attached vibrator would be something along these lines, say, and I sort of skirted the boundaries of that with the control switch on my body.
prd: predator-prey : It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase.
prg: pregnancy : No idea.
prm: programmable : While it would occasionally be convenient...
prp: property : Yes, but when it gets very serious it can get problematic.
prv: private : Much of the time.
psi: psionic : I wanna cast magic sex missile.
pst: psychotropics : No comment.
pub: public : Would do this again.
ray: rayguns : Pyew pyew pyew pyew! ... but as a wixxx flag? *thinks for a minute* Oh. Yeah, sure, OK.
rea: reality-warp : It's just a hump to the left...
rec: recruitment : Actually, attempting to recruit someone for a threesome is super hot. It's just so much effort before, during, and after...
rem: remote-contro : I'll admit to having played games like this as a kid. Hadn't though about it until now though.
rit: ritualmagic : I got my paganism out of my system in high school, I think? Every once in a while I wonder.
rob: robots : Not so much.
rom: romance : Yes!
rop: ropes : Yes!!!
rou: roughplay : Yes!!!!!
sad: sadist : If the other person is clearly having lots of fun AND I'm in a mood.
sca: scat : Your Kink Is Not My Kink, And That's OK (But I Really Don't Want To See Pictures)
sen: sense-depriva : (Yes?)
shi: shiny-biased : :) It's shiiiiiiiiiiiiny
sig: sigils : I prefer Sibyls, myself.
sla: slavery : Yes but some people are more hardcore than I would be comfortable being.
sle: sleaze : I want to say no, but sleaze totally works on me.
sli: slime : This just makes me think of Oobleck and no.
snc: synchronizati : "Let's synchronize our vibrators. 3... 2... 1... *bzzzzzzzzzz*"
sns: synesthesia : I thought I didn't have this but <friend> insists I do. It has nothing to do with sex for me.
snu: snuff : I neither want to die nor kill. Threats of death in predator/prey roleplay can sure make me do a lot though.
spa: spanking : Please May I Have Another?
srv: servitude : I'm actually very uppity for a sub, I don't serve well all the time. It's possible that I could be better trained but I think it's more the difference between a cat and a dog.
sta: stabby : Knifeplay yes, deep stab wounds no.
ste: steampunk : Sure!
str: strict-causal : Whaaaaa?
sub: submissive : That is the word for it, yes.
swi: switch : Only occasionally.
sym: symbiosis : Does marriage count?
syn: synthetics : Synthetic fabrics...
tau: tauroids : They look good in pictures.
tea: teasing : Yessssssssssssssssssssss.
tec: technosex : thumpa thumpa thumpa thumpa thumpa thumpa *glowsticks* Actually, I need to use glowsticks in sex now.
ten: tentacles : In theory.
tfn: transformatio : Actually the transformation itself isn't that interesting to me.
too: toons : We're tiny, we're toony... and in this cartoony we're destroying your childhood.
toy: toyplay : I guess a little bit, yeah.
trg: transgender : Genderfuckery is great. Transgender is just sort of something a person is or isn't. Watching someone angst about their phantom genitals isn't really hot.
trn: trainable : So I'm told. ... and I really like it.
trs: transspecies : Oh you wacky furries. "I am a butterfly dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi!" "Well, I'm an eel-otter hybrid trapped in the body of a dhole."
und: undeath : Not my kink.
vam: vampirism : Not my kink except the girl from Hellsing.
van: vanilla : You can get very nice vanilla, you know. Just don't buy the cheap stuff. A little bit of vanilla extract can improve a lot of things you might put in your mouth.
ven: venom : Nope.
vio: violence : Maybe just a little...
vir: virtual-sex : I kind of prefer actual sex.
vor: vorarephile : Not vegan! :)
voy: voyeur : I mean sure but I'd rather be watched than watch.
war: war-play : Not so much.
wat: watersports : Why No Of Course Not I Would Never Do Such A Thing
zie: herm-biased : There should be one that is the opposite of this called "Proscriptive Grammarian," and I would be that. Zie!!! Arrrrrgh.
zoo: zoophile : I love my cat, but not like that.
zxw: elf-fucker : I have no idea.
123: 1234567890123 : Huhwhat? I do like "Count Five or Six" by Cornelius...
abd: abduction : Yes please. E keeps talking about doing this for me.
age: ageplay : Myeh? Would try if someone were really into it. I mean, feigned-innocence play? Absolutely.
ana: anal : Doesn't everybody? Wasn't there even an article in some obnoxious men's magazine about how anal is the new oral or something? I'm kind of amused to see "anal" on a list that also includes "oviposition."
and: androgyny : Yes please!
ano: anonymity : In certain situations on alternate Thursdays, maybe.
ant: antennae : Wouldn't kick anybody out of bed for them, but...
any: anything-goes : I always marked this one back when I did the MUCK thing, just to see what people tried. But the rest of what I listed was very tame, so no one did.
aqu: aquatic : Do hot tubs count?
asd: (dis)assembly : No disassemble number five! Number five --- alive!
ase: asexual : Nope.
aut: automatism : Other than the song Coin-Operated Boy? (Which I was in the audience for for its public debut, I'll have you know. </scenestering> )
bar: barcodes : I can imagine a narrative including barcodes that would be very hot but the barcodes themselves don't really do it for me.
bcv: body-coverage : Like saran-wrap? Sure, that's fun.
bit: biting : Yes Please!
bmd: body-mods : You can't take it with you, so fill it with ink and metal! Though looking at the rest of this list, this might mean something more like "You can't take it with you, so fill it with nanovelociraptors."
bon: bondage : Umm, yes. Very much so.
bre: breathplay : *whistles innocently*
bts: boots : I mean not specifically but I don't mind some licks if asked nicely. For a broad definition of nicely.
buk: bukkake : I mean being objectified in that way sounds nice but I'd have to be surrounded by boys. Ew.
but: buttons&dials : "Here, let me turn the hot knob to 11." "Umm, it doesn't work that way." "I TURNED THE KNOB TO 11, YOU'RE HORNY NOW." (This is why I stopped role-playing online.)
cas: casual-player : Why you gotta be a player-hater?
cha: chastity : For about two hours. Though no one has pushed me that hard.
col: collars : Yes I said Yes I will Yes
con: contagion : "Master using it and you can have this": You got the STD! ... No, thanks.
cor: corsets : Purr purr purr purr purr purr purr!
crd: crossdressing : Crossdressed boys are cute even if they can't quite pull it off. Crossdressed women who pull it off are HOT.
crp: creepycute : Abslutely. That's a typo but I am leaving it there.
csm: cosmetics : Who doesn't love black eyeliner? (And small amounts of perfume and lip gloss in one's nether regions?)
cst: costumes : Meow? I've almost convinced myself to buy that one I've been looking at...
cud: cuddly : *nuzzle* More so than recently, less so than Way Back When
cum: cum-loving : It's tasty? Except the one person who tastes like bitter melon, but the cum isn't really the point for me? I love people, not fluids.
cut: cute : =^.-=
cyb: cyborg : I can imagine this being neat but not really my thing from my limited experience.
deh: dehumanizatio : Yes and no; too complicated to explain here. (In brief, abnegation.)
dol: doll-play : I can imagine what this would be and I guess being immobile and dressed up would be entertaining. Having my hair cut off by a six-year-old wielding safety scissors is right out.
dom: dominant : I like it when other people do that, yes. I've done it occasionally. It was sort of fun.
dro: drone-play : Like... bagpipes?
dye: dyes : Mmmmm, dyes. Someday green hair again.
ele: electricity : E is really opposed to this, and there's been no one else I trusted enough. Would try in alternate universe.
eti: etiquette : There is a fetish I had not considered. That is a good one. But probably only for someone else.
exh: exhibitionist : Why yes, that would be me. See also non-locked sex blog.
ext: extradimensio : I hear someone at a poetry reading once opine that he couldn't stick his cock into another dimension. Later I caught him buying furry porn at Arisia. This tag is obviously for him.
f: female-biased : Are you calling me sexist?
fas: fashion : We just want to emote 'til we're dead! ...back when I had a MUCK character, she was a seamstress.
fo: females-only : Not on most days. But sometimes.
foo: foodplay : Words cannot express how sad I am that nutella is not vegan.
for: furnituretf : Whattf?
fur: fur-loving : Yes. (Fabric stores sell sex toys by the yard.)
gad: gadgetry : Yeah, a little bit.
gag: gags : Mmmmf? mmmmf mff mfffff! Mmmmmmmm!
gen: genital-play : At the risk of sounding normal, that is sort of the point, isn't it?
gli: glitter : I mean I don't get off on it but I do like glitter.
gll: glossolalia : I had to look that up, and likely no opinion. It would be cool in the abstract but I'd just be like "Wait what? What? Are you having a seizure? Crap..."
glo: glow-biased : A flogger that looked like a snaking neon tube would be super hot.
glv: ves : I'm going to guess this was supposed to say "gloves" and I do so love my restrictive paws.
gnb: genderbending : Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
gns: gendershiftin : Oh I guess on a MUCK you can switch arbitrarily. Having dated someone on the FTM spectrum, it's not all fun and games, but it was still really interesting...
grv: gravity-play : I mean if I had the opportunity I would have to try it.
hal: hallucination : Probably not.
har: harnesses : Like... strapon harnesses? I like those. Sled dog harnesses are hot on other people.
haz: hazmat : While using mercury in sex would be awesome esthetically, um no.
hic: high-continui : I do like my life to have high continuity, yes.
him: hive-mind : If it could somehow be not campy. "YESSS TOGETHER WE SSSACRIFICE THE VIRGIN FOR OUR QUEEN" "Your costumes are made of, like, paper bags" "THE QUEEN HASSSSS A LIMITED BUDGET"
hol: holographic : I think I'm insufficiently future-oriented for some of these questions.
hos: hoses&tubes : You know, I would say no, but I've seen some photos...
hpr: hypertrophy : Not so much.
hrm: herm-biased : If I actually knew someone with both sets of genitalia I would be intensely curious and feel intensely bad about being curious about them based on embodiment and not on personality.
hum: humiliation : No. (Note: I am SO lying. Oh my God. But the extent to which I like it is something I am still working on being comfortable with.)
hyp: hypnosis : Outlook hazy, try again.
ide: identity-play : Everything is performative.
ind: industrial : Like goth-industrial or like Ford Motors? Yes to the first, not so much to the second, although I would so do it in an abandoned factory.
inf: inflation : Not so much no.
ins: insectoids : Probably not so much.
iny: insanity : Channeling a friend: "DON'T STICK IT IN THE CRAZY"
ipg: impregnophile : For a variety of medical reasons, there is no way this would work. But I've occasionally been known to say things like "I want to have your kittens," and I had an uncomfortably hot roleplay of this sort with someone online like six years ago.
ipl: implants : Neutral.
ipr: imprisonment : Yes please!
lab: lab-scenes : Wow that would be right on the edge between super hot and super twitchy. I do really want to do a "veterinary visit" someday...
lac: lactation : I can't decide if it's vegan or not.
lam: lamination : Huh. Maybe?
lat: latex : E is allergic, and it's never terribly appealed to me anyway.
lcs: loose-causal : At first I was like "Is that like business casual?" I think I kind of like cause and effect, though I don't always need to understand them at the time.
lea: leashes : Yes yes yes yes yes.
lin: linguaphile : There's a little bit of A Fish Called Wanda in all of us, OK? Don't judge.
loc: low-continuit : No.
ltr: leather : It's not vegan but it's SO HOT. Grr. I end up using some of it anyway. And it doesn't fall apart. Stupid vegan shoes.
m: male-biased : Nope.
mac: macrophile : Nope.
mad: madscience : That's just so broad. Some of it, I'm sure.
mai: maids : A while ago a friend and I almost started a catgirl maid company. I would still do that. Let's leave it at that.
mas: masochist : That would be me, yes, though my pain threshholds are set weirdly at the moment.
mat: mathsex : Always spanking a prime number of times? "You performed induction on an uncountable set! *thwack*"
mec: mechanical : "Babbage's Difference Dildo?" Though E points out that when we are walking around and she says "Did you see the hot chick?" I say "Do you mean the Bianchi Pista with the leopardprint seat, or the Nishiki conversion on the corner? Because I'd let either between my legs." And I might be working on a vibrating bike seat. So OK yes.
med: medical-play : See previous statement about trip to "Vet."
met: meta : Yes. I am if nothing else meta.
mic: microphile : What is it with furries and size? Though in fairness if someone who were vastly different in size from me were like "Hey let's do some sexing" I would be at least a tiny bit curious.
min: minions : A minion is very useful in the office...
mlt: multilimbs : Would certainly open up new opportunities.
mnp: mind-play : Outlook hazy, Badness 10000 Overfull hbox
mo: males-only : Nope.
mod: modernist : Does getting off to the Circe chapter of Ulysses count?
mpr: mult-persona : I kind of like having just one, actually.
msk: masks : Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!
mut: mutant : Well that would depend on the mutation now wouldn't it.
myt: mythical : I don't think I can date a dragon and say no to this.
nan: nanites : Nanites??? Jeez some people's sex is more interesting than mine.
neo: neoprimitive : I bet that involves the outdoors. I have mixed feelings about the outdoors, being domesticated.
neu: neuter-biased : I like genitals. I can put them in my mouth.
nnc: non-consensua : Umm err argh. Complicated!
no: no-elves : Seriously, fucking elves. Who do they think they are? ... ... The hell is with this one? Does this have something to do with the Otherkin Elf Holocaust?
nov: no-vanilla : Very Vanilla is my favorite kind of soymilk!
obj: objectificati : This one actually provoked a physical reaction. *blush*
ora: oral : I do like having things in my mouth. I also like chewing, though.
org: organic : Both in the "made of flesh" and "no pesticides" senses, yes!
ovi: oviposition : I can honestly say I have never considered that.
par: parasites : I once had a skin fungus that glowed under blacklight. I got rid of it, but at the time I secretly thought it was kind of cool. But I didn't want to have sex with it...
pet: petplay : Meow Meow merow? =^.^=
pie: piercing : Someday E and I will reach a point in our relationship where she can playpierce me. That will be a good day. Until then, I get one or two a year.
pla: plastic : Dildos? Sure. Partners? No thanks.
pln: plant-biased : NO PLANTS IN MY SEX THIS IS A HARD AND FAST RULE NEVER PLANTS.
plu: plushies : They are soft and cuddly, but they don't, you know, talk.
pny: ponyplay : I'd try that.
ppr: public-proper : When the occasion calls for it, yes. OH WAIT that's not being proper in public, that's got to be public-property. In which case... When the occasion calls for it, yes. (Except I don't think E would be down with that, and that's OK. But, you know, in theory.) Wearing the theremin-attached vibrator would be something along these lines, say, and I sort of skirted the boundaries of that with the control switch on my body.
prd: predator-prey : It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase.
prg: pregnancy : No idea.
prm: programmable : While it would occasionally be convenient...
prp: property : Yes, but when it gets very serious it can get problematic.
prv: private : Much of the time.
psi: psionic : I wanna cast magic sex missile.
pst: psychotropics : No comment.
pub: public : Would do this again.
ray: rayguns : Pyew pyew pyew pyew! ... but as a wixxx flag? *thinks for a minute* Oh. Yeah, sure, OK.
rea: reality-warp : It's just a hump to the left...
rec: recruitment : Actually, attempting to recruit someone for a threesome is super hot. It's just so much effort before, during, and after...
rem: remote-contro : I'll admit to having played games like this as a kid. Hadn't though about it until now though.
rit: ritualmagic : I got my paganism out of my system in high school, I think? Every once in a while I wonder.
rob: robots : Not so much.
rom: romance : Yes!
rop: ropes : Yes!!!
rou: roughplay : Yes!!!!!
sad: sadist : If the other person is clearly having lots of fun AND I'm in a mood.
sca: scat : Your Kink Is Not My Kink, And That's OK (But I Really Don't Want To See Pictures)
sen: sense-depriva : (Yes?)
shi: shiny-biased : :) It's shiiiiiiiiiiiiny
sig: sigils : I prefer Sibyls, myself.
sla: slavery : Yes but some people are more hardcore than I would be comfortable being.
sle: sleaze : I want to say no, but sleaze totally works on me.
sli: slime : This just makes me think of Oobleck and no.
snc: synchronizati : "Let's synchronize our vibrators. 3... 2... 1... *bzzzzzzzzzz*"
sns: synesthesia : I thought I didn't have this but <friend> insists I do. It has nothing to do with sex for me.
snu: snuff : I neither want to die nor kill. Threats of death in predator/prey roleplay can sure make me do a lot though.
spa: spanking : Please May I Have Another?
srv: servitude : I'm actually very uppity for a sub, I don't serve well all the time. It's possible that I could be better trained but I think it's more the difference between a cat and a dog.
sta: stabby : Knifeplay yes, deep stab wounds no.
ste: steampunk : Sure!
str: strict-causal : Whaaaaa?
sub: submissive : That is the word for it, yes.
swi: switch : Only occasionally.
sym: symbiosis : Does marriage count?
syn: synthetics : Synthetic fabrics...
tau: tauroids : They look good in pictures.
tea: teasing : Yessssssssssssssssssssss.
tec: technosex : thumpa thumpa thumpa thumpa thumpa thumpa *glowsticks* Actually, I need to use glowsticks in sex now.
ten: tentacles : In theory.
tfn: transformatio : Actually the transformation itself isn't that interesting to me.
too: toons : We're tiny, we're toony... and in this cartoony we're destroying your childhood.
toy: toyplay : I guess a little bit, yeah.
trg: transgender : Genderfuckery is great. Transgender is just sort of something a person is or isn't. Watching someone angst about their phantom genitals isn't really hot.
trn: trainable : So I'm told. ... and I really like it.
trs: transspecies : Oh you wacky furries. "I am a butterfly dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi!" "Well, I'm an eel-otter hybrid trapped in the body of a dhole."
und: undeath : Not my kink.
vam: vampirism : Not my kink except the girl from Hellsing.
van: vanilla : You can get very nice vanilla, you know. Just don't buy the cheap stuff. A little bit of vanilla extract can improve a lot of things you might put in your mouth.
ven: venom : Nope.
vio: violence : Maybe just a little...
vir: virtual-sex : I kind of prefer actual sex.
vor: vorarephile : Not vegan! :)
voy: voyeur : I mean sure but I'd rather be watched than watch.
war: war-play : Not so much.
wat: watersports : Why No Of Course Not I Would Never Do Such A Thing
zie: herm-biased : There should be one that is the opposite of this called "Proscriptive Grammarian," and I would be that. Zie!!! Arrrrrgh.
zoo: zoophile : I love my cat, but not like that.
zxw: elf-fucker : I have no idea.
(no subject)
Date: 2008-06-29 02:59 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2008-06-29 04:36 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2008-07-01 01:12 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2008-07-01 04:45 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2008-07-02 02:58 am (UTC)Oh, since it's always a good idea to keep cats distracted, would you mind if I jingled a few of my better, and better-edited, MUCK logs in front of you?
I've probably asked you this at least twice before and totally spaced on the answer. :)
(no subject)
Date: 2008-07-02 01:51 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2008-07-01 01:17 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2008-07-01 04:50 am (UTC)I stumbled upon the DScream on a few occasions (*whistles innocently*) but no one was ever around. I must have had the wrong times. At least, assuming that's the thing I thought it was... you open a box in an empty warehouse and fall down a chute or something and bam! Or am I on crack?
Fallow ground
Date: 2008-07-02 02:57 am (UTC)It's OK. Finding a big old cryptic MUCK ruin was how I met Rik, so I figure as long as it's there, it might mean something to someone someday. Lost things can be very romantic, especially if they should not by all rights and expectations exist. n.n
Re: Fallow ground
Date: 2008-07-02 01:53 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2008-06-29 06:08 pm (UTC)Laughing out LOUD.
Also, nanovelociraptors for the win!
Also, this is an infinitely more interesting list than, say, the Purity Test.
(no subject)
Date: 2008-07-01 04:50 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2008-06-29 06:09 pm (UTC)him: hive-mind : If it could somehow be not campy. "YESSS TOGETHER WE SSSACRIFICE THE VIRGIN FOR OUR QUEEN" "Your costumes are made of, like, paper bags" "THE QUEEN HASSSSS A LIMITED BUDGET"
psi: psionic : I wanna cast magic sex missile.
(no subject)
Date: 2008-06-30 11:04 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2008-07-01 01:01 pm (UTC)Seriously though, hi. This journal is really neat and very interesting. If I can't always contribute substantively to the discussion, I'll definitely always respect the local terms&conditions.
(I have to wear that? Oh dear, obviously I should have read the fine print a little more carefully.)
(no subject)
Date: 2008-07-01 01:39 pm (UTC)fft: fast-fourier-transform: I didn't get this far in math, being a literature dork. But after hearing enough jokes about "Fast Furrier Transform!" I can imagine...
I'm glad you like the journal, and I would love to hear your thoughts on things! I will friend you; there are like all of two locked entries but if you want to read them, now you can :)
I don't think there are any terms and conditions except the obvious costume thing that already bit you. (Our fabrics are a little feral here.) Welcome!
(no subject)
Date: 2008-07-01 02:19 pm (UTC)Our bodies betray us all the time, in a million different ways; speaking when we'd rather be silent, silent when we'd rather be speaking... Like so many kinks, this would just be a fantasy (and thus safe) version of something we both fear and desire.
Right, Captain Obvious is moving along now. Thanks for friending me. :)
(no subject)
Date: 2008-07-02 12:56 am (UTC)Aaaaaaa-men. :)
(no subject)
Date: 2008-07-02 03:01 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2008-07-02 03:00 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2008-07-01 10:47 pm (UTC)I have had some pretty hot scenes where the threat of Catching Something was part of the hotness. However, it's not quite the same when the Something is a normal disease rather than a computational plague that tends to make you completely blasé to pain and madness. Like most of the things on the 12F WIXXX, it's a lot hotter in the realm of text.
(no subject)
Date: 2008-07-02 12:55 am (UTC)Also, the computational plague sounds like lots of fun. I like the consensual consequence of it --- if you're interested in playing that game, you can go play that game, and you can always stop if you want.
Oh and you are now friended as well! Hi!
(no subject)
Date: 2008-07-02 01:53 am (UTC)Yay for access to friends-locked contemplative sexblog posts! I have a sekrit sex LJ too but I haven't touched it in ages.
(no subject)
Date: 2008-10-13 06:30 am (UTC)Reading about power-imbalance stuff is generally really interesting to me, even though I avoid participating in it. As far as real life goes, the thought of being tied up and unable to escape or similar is uncomfortable and off-putting, and the thought of doing that to someone else is fairly boring. And my real-life based fantasies are mostly of the "mentally relive experiences I had with the person I'm dating" kind.
But for many years I've had other fantasies in fictional worlds. These very rarely involve actual sex, but there's been an awful lot of being nearly coerced into sex, through all sorts of means (physical means, mind control, matters of global security...). It pretty much always ends with my character escaping through some clever trick, but something about both experiencing the coercion and escaping from it is really hot. If I thought about it enough, I could probably find a way to do something with that dynamic in real-space. (Come to think of it, I maybe have sublimated some of these feelings into being a tease.)
Exploring power dynamics in a sexualized way seems like it would inherently involve some amount of role-playing, and I actually find it really hard to imagine role-playing in sexual situations, which makes reading about that and similar subjects interesting. I'm used to non-sexual role-playing meaning that I define a new mental architecture for myself, and I'm used to sex tearing the mental walls down. It seems hard to role-play without the walls or to have good sex with the walls.
The one time a few years ago that I did try some role-playing during sex, it totally failed. One of my mental walls keeps me from cracking up and giggling hysterically at the world all the time. Usually by the time I've let this wall down, I'm unable to vocalize without 5 seconds of concerted effort anyway, so no one notices. But this time the anti-giggle wall went down before we were doing anything that rendered me unable to talk. So while I was having a good time, I think I made unhappy by giggling constantly and being unable to take the narrative seriously.
Maybe I wouldn't have this problem if I explored role-playing situations where I wasn't expected to vocalize.
Anyway, yay for you writing about mental spaces and sharing it. If nothing else, it encourages me to share too much at 2 am.